Home | Join/Donate | Current Voices | Liturgical Calendar | What's New | Affirmation | James Hitchcock's Column | Church Documents | Search
Voices Online Edition
Volume XVII, No. 4
Table of Contents
2. . . . .Letters [Note: Letters column is not included in online edition of Voices.] Sample Letter - Guardian Angels - is a reminder of the lovely "Prayer to the Guardian Angel".
5 . . . . Inside Voices - Editorial -- by Helen Hull Hitchcock
9. . . .Bioethics Watch - Protecting Abortion, Forbidding Grief - You might assume that between the priest scandals and the new wave of child abductions, every effort would be made to protect children against sexual abuse. But you would be wrong. - by Nancy Valko, RN
12. . . .Document - The Liturgical Year and Popular Piety (excerpt in hardcopy edition)
The Liturgical year is the temportal structure within which the Church celebrates the holy mysteries of Christ. Learn more about popular piety surrounding Advent and Christmas.
35. . . .Other Voices - News Review of Recent Events - Cardinal assails granting marital status to odd couples -- UK: gay adoption rejected -- Report exposes condom ineffectiveness -- New book questions feminists' motives -- Aussie women's group issues demands -- Priest refuses marriage sacrament to Planned Parenthood employee -- Court rules mother can protect unborn child -- After-abortion mistake may result in lawsuit -- Vatican video-conference on women
43. . . .Affirmation for Catholic Women
6. . . . .WFF STATEMENT: "Faithful St. Louis"? - ... In St. Louis, a meeting of "Faithful St. Louis" is explicitly aimed at forming a chapter of the dissident "Voice of the Faithful coalition ...
11. . . . .Sin, Salvation, and the Search for Meaning - ... Contemporary religion has all but abandoned the task of revealing the meaning of life ... -by James F. Hitchcock
18. . . . .What Can We Hope to Accomplish? The Prospects for Evangelization in Dangerous Times - ... We have all, to some measure, succumed to the influence of the rapid social and cultural changes of recent decades ... -by Elizabeth Fox-Genovese
23. . . . .Developing a Child-Safe Environment - ... Can we change our degenerate culture? ... -by Rita Joseph
26. . . . .Where are the Men? - ... Are our liturgies giving men and boys an excuse to stay away? ... -by Joanna Bogle
28. . . . .Whose Voice? Which Faith? - ... When reports of priestly sex scandals broke last January this was -- and is -- a crisis of historic proportions.... by Sheila Gribben Liaugminas
39. . . . .Saint Nicholas Day - ... History of the Feast, activities for the family...
42. . . . .The Mysteries of Light - ... Rosarium Virginae Mariae, reflections on the newest mysteries of the Rosary ... -by Pope John Paul II
Special - Online Only! Come Lord Jesus - Dominican Monastery of St. Jude celebrates Advent.
This issue's cover is on Hard copy only."Fuentidueña Chapel at Night" as it appears in the publication "A Walk Through the Cloisters", published by the Metropolitan Museum of Art. PHOTO BY MALCOLM VARON, NYC ©1979,2002.
See Voices main page for Writers Guidelines. Also see info on Young Writers Award
**Women for Faith & Family operates solely on your generous donations!
WFF is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Donations are tax deductible.
Voices copyright © 1999-Present
Women for Faith & Family. All rights reserved. PERMISSION GUIDELINES All material on this web site is copyrighted and may not be copied or reproduced without prior written permission from Women for Faith & Family,except as specified below. Personal use Quotations Attribution Link to Women for Faith & Family web site. Back to top -- Home
Permission is granted to download and/or print out articles for personal use only.
Brief quotations (ca 500 words) may be made from the material on this site, in accordance with the “fair use” provisions of copyright law, without prior permission. For these quotations proper attribution must be made of author and WFF + URL (i.e., “Women for Faith & Family www.wf-f.org.)
Generally, all signed articles or graphics must also have the permission of the author. If a text does not have an author byline, Women for Faith & Family should be listed as the author. For example: Women for Faith & Family (St Louis: Women for Faith & Family, 2005 + URL)
Other web sites are welcome to establish links to www.wf-f.org or to individual pages within our site.
Women for Faith & Family
PO Box 300411
St. Louis, MO 63130
314-863-8385 Phone -- 314-863-5858 Fax -- Email
Voices copyright © 1999-Present Women for Faith & Family. All rights reserved.
All material on this web site is copyrighted and may not be copied or reproduced without prior written permission from Women for Faith & Family,except as specified below.
Link to Women for Faith & Family web site.
Back to top -- Home